Thursday, January 14, 2016

Too much yeast?

I used to make pizza once in a while.  The recipe called for using yeast.

Yeast is kind of tricky stuff - you have to mix it with the right stuff at the right temperature and let it sit for the right amount of time.

Yeast doesn't belong in every recipe, though.

I found it interesting how yeast came up as I read in Matthew (16:5-12) and Mark (8:13-26).  
Jesus mentions yeast in passing.
His disciples were confused - to say the least.

Jesus cleared it up for them - just like he does for us through his Word.

Not tricky stuff at all - as long as you are in the right stuff for the right amount of time.  (temperature may vary)

Hey Jesus,
So much of what I see confuses me.
It's such tricky stuff.
Lead me back to the comfort found in your Word.
Help me see how important it is to spend quality time in it.
And to see the blessings you sprinkle all over my life through it.
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment