Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 27: (Do the Write Thing) Surrounded!



Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 27

"We have you surrounded.  There's no point.  Surrender."
(from any number of movies and TV shows...)

Today's scripture reminds us that when we are surrounded - we are not alone.  And the one we who is with us has a BIG surprise in store.

"I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me.
  The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation."

Song - God is Bigger than the Boogie Man (Junior Asparagus)

Oh God,
When my back is against the wall (or cliff or empty bank account or whatever) you are my strength and my defense.  
Bigger than anything that the world or Satan can throw at me.  
When I think I'm surrounded - tap me on the shoulder and remind me "I've got this one." 
Help me to trust you completely (and not just sometimes and in some ways).
Amen.


Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

1 comment: