Friday, January 1, 2016

Day 23: (Do the Write Thing) Time like an ever rolling stream...

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 23

Pastor Daron used this section of scripture to enlighten our New Years Eve 2015.  I want to share it with you as day 23.

Some excerpts:
- Time.  It controls everything.  Except one thing - the One who created it - our God.
- Verse 12 - Take inventory.  Number my days/hours/minutes/seconds.  Am I robbing God by not using the product (gifts) He has given me?
- Verse 13 - Please let up Lord!  I know I deserve nothing but punishment for my behavior.  Justice for my robberies.  But you are a compassionate God.
- Verse 17 - What is the "work of our hands"?  EVERYTHING we say/do/think.  In this verse I'm asking God to establish it.  Initiate it.  Start it in the right place!
- Verse 16 - Oh Lord - make your salvation working deeds obvious to me - open my eyes to the beauty and wonder.
- Verse 15 - How many days do we have?  Doesn't matter - but since I'm still here - what does matter is what I'm doing with them.

God has given me the time.  What am I doing with it?
"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it." (Jonathan Winters)

Song 
- O God, Our Help In Ages Past (hymnal.net)
- O God, Our Help In Ages Past (Westminster Abbey choir and congregation)
- O God, Our Help In Ages Past (Promise Keepers version)

Lord,
A thousand ages in Thy sight
  Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night

  Before the rising sun.

O God, our help in ages past,
  Our hope for years to come,
Be Thou our guard while life shall last,

  And our eternal home.
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment