Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pfoggy in Pflugerville

It's one of those wonderful/terrible mornings.
Dense fog.  Slight wind. Not too cold (stop snickering - you up north residents...).

I love them.
It's so quiet.
Everything is bathed in a diffuse glow (that's the streetlight across from my house on my phone home screen).

And...I dislike them.
It's so quiet - you can't hear when something dangerous is coming up to you or behind you.
Everything is bathed in a diffuse glow and it's hard to make out what things are.
Since I'm a bicycle commuter - this is a very dangerous day for me.

My lights are very important.
Lighting up my path ahead.
Showing people that I am there.

John 10 is an example of dense fog and lights shining through it, I think.
The chapter starts with Jesus saying "Let me set this before you as plainly as I can..." and after he does we hear "...Jesus told this simple story, but they had no idea what he was talking about.".

So Jesus tries again, explaining in a different way.
Read the rest of the chapter and see how Jesus shines the light of the Gospel and his love to all (even when they have no interest in listening).

=========================
Jesus,
Thanks for your patient explanations (over and over).
Remind me that I need to have this same patience with my friends, family, co-workers.
If they don't "get it" - how else can I say it?
Kindly, patiently, caringly.
Please and thank you.
Amen.
=========================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment