Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Too much luxury?

The Element Hotel
My problem is that I've got too much luxury.
Even worse - I don't appreciate it.

I'm sitting here in a way fancy hotel room in Houston - well rested, well fed, internet at my fingertips (obviously).
And thinking I'd rather be somewhere else.
Thinking I wanted to sleep later.  Wondering why they can't start serving breakfast at 6 AM instead of 6:30. 
Oh, poor, pitiful me.

Yeah, right.

This is me not appreciating the luxurious blessings overflowing my world right now.
Not that I'm supposed to brag on them.
But just notice, realize, understand - where the goodness, the luxury, comes from.

Like the Israelite people talking to God as the book of Malachi starts (Malachi 1:1-5).
God says "I love you" and the people respond with "Really?  How?".

And God proceeds to remind them.
The rest of the chapter is an interesting conversation between God and belligerent stubborn people.

Sound familiar...look familiar?

Oh, yeah - poor, pitiful me.

Lord, 
Help me drop the pity act.
And take on the salvation promise.
Won for me through Jesus Christ.
Given to me freely - the most luxurious gift of all - 1000% guaranteed!
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

1 comment:

  1. Great devotion -- and a reminder to me to be more thankful for my many blessings!

    ReplyDelete