Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 26: (Do The Write Thing) Flicking flies

One way to flick flies...
Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 26

In scripture - I often see two ways to think of "enemies". 

  • One is, shockingly, to love them (remember "Love your enemies...(Matthew 5:43-47)").
  • The other is not to worry about them.  Don't let them be bigger than your God.

Because your God is a really big God.
He has it all covered.

Today's scripture pictures it this way: 
"God's my strong champion; I flick off my enemies like flies."

Song - Indescribable (Chris Tomlin)

God,
Make me a lover and a fly flicker.
Help me see my and your enemies for what they really our (and not just what they project/pretend themselves to be).  
Remind me that my enemies are temptations that want to distract me from You.
Keep my eyes straight ahead on You.
Especially on Jesus Christ and the salvation he won for me.
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment