Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day 6: (Do the Write thing): Not what I wanted/Just what I needed

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation)

Day 6

This reading contains quite a few things that I easily agree to - and then walk the talk in the other direction.  It's stuff I need to do - but don't want to (because of my sinful nature).

Things like:

  • Overwhelm my leaders with appreciation and love!
  • Be cheerful no matter what.
  • Thank God no matter what happens.
  • Be patient with each person.
Song - Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)

God,
Today - thanks for the reminder to "get over it!".
The me-first attitude that trips me up as soon as I get out of bed.
You show and tell me what I need to do.
Infuse me with your Word and power to do it!
Walkin' on sunshine!
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment