Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 3: (Do the Write thing): We're not giving up!

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation)

Day 3

This passage reminds me of the moment in every "the hero triumphs over adversity" story where they have choice to make - give up/give in or don't give up/give in.  We're not promised paradise (or even an easy time of it) here on earth - but "these hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us." as Christians.  Never give up!

Lord - Help me to see you in the details of my life - sewing the threads of my day together into a beautiful fabric.  The threads of the people I meet, the words I say, the weather I brave, the love I share.  Thank you.
Amen.

Song - The Old Philosopher (Eddie Lawrence/Aaron)
This is just an old comedy routine/song that came to mind, too...enjoy.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment