Saturday, November 21, 2015

Day 10: (Do the Write thing) Quitter!

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 10

Name one thing you do that you keep doing.  You never quit.
Something that you consciously choose to do.
I'm not talking about breathing or your heart beating.
Can you name one thing?  I can't.

Everything I start - I quit doing at some point.
No matter how fun, how productive, how helpful, how enjoyable it is.


This psalm shows how God doesn't do that.
He is SO opposite from me.

The earth doesn't stop rotating.

The sun doesn't stop shining (even when I can't see it - it's shining).
My heart doesn't stop beating - just to take a quick break.

Song - One Thing Remains (Jesus Culture)

Oh God,
You are God and I am not.
I quit praying, praising and giving thanks.
And go back to whining, complaining and giving grief.
And I quit doing that too.
Your love never fails.
Thank God!
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment