Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Til The Day I Die...



You don't have to be old to be wise.
And you don't automatically have wisdom if you are old.
Age doesn't matter.

I think you just have be willing and able to "sit and think" - to "pause and reflect".
And to think/reflect on God stuff is a special privilege.  And a special blessing.

I have some younger relatives who were pondering birthdays...and death days.

We sometimes look forward to and celebrate our birth days.  Especially when we are younger.

But unknown to us is our death day.  And we cross over that day each year, too.

As a Christian - death doesn't scare me ("Death has been swallowed up in victory" - 1 Corinthians 15:51-57) so pondering my death day isn't a morbid or terrifying thing.

I don't know when it will be - but I do know what will happen.
Back to the Corinthians passage for "we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed...in a single victorious stroke of Life, all three - sin, guilt, death - are gone, the gift of our master, Jesus Christ!".

While we are in the waiting room here on earth - wisdom shows up in the choices we make while waiting.

Mark 13:31-37 notes that we should keep watch and be alert - because we do not know the day or the hour.

Toby Mac talks about what he wants to do in the waiting room...
Til The Day I Die

Til the wheels fall off
Til the spotlight fades
I will lift your banner high
I will lift your banner high
And til the walls crash in
For the rest of my days
I'll lay it all on the line
Til the day I die
Til the day I die
Til the end of the line
Til the day I die
It's Your name I'll glorify

It's runnin' deeper than the ocean
This ain't religion, it's devotion
365, every minute, everyday
So in the middle of the madness
They can stretch me out like canvas
But I ain't ever gonna fit in their frame

God,
Keep me alert here in the waiting room.
Keep me from "fitting into the frame" of this world.
Til the day I die.
Amen.


Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?


No comments:

Post a Comment