Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Getting emotional: Anger!

(Getting Emotional series: Anger!)
Anger.
Felt it today?  If not yet, you will.
Are you trying to "simmer down" right now about something?

I'd like to point you to this very short devotion about "Anger without sin" that I read last week.  The thought that no one can "make you" angry was very insightful - only you can "make you" angry.  (and I'm so good at doing it...) 

The book of Proverbs has a few choice words about anger.  So here is a treasure hunt for you - find the pearls of wisdom from Solomon relating to anger...
Lord God of heaven and earth,
I really mess things up, don't I?
And getting angry about it NEVER helps.
Thank you for the pointed and poignant thoughts about anger you provide in Proverbs.
And thanks for cleaning up my mess - forever - by sending Jesus.
Amen.


Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment