Thursday, September 17, 2015

O,MG! AIB!

Density of physicians (total number per 1000 population)
Oh, my God, am I blessed?

I'm looking for a new primary care physician.  I have a web site from my insurance company that lets me search for Primary Care physicians.  

It tells me I have 275 physicians within 10 miles to choose from.

The World Health Organization reports that most countries in Africa and Indonesia have less than 1/2 physicians per 1,000 population.

Oh, my God, am I blessed?

On my 5-mile bicycle commute to work yesterday - I counted 10 restaurants (6 of them fast food), 5 gas stations, 6 bus stops, and 5 convenience stores.  On my journey I am no more than 100 feet from fresh water and shelter (between businesses and houses).

According to water.org - 750 million people in the world lack access to clean water.  (almost 2 1/2 times the population of the United States).

Oh, my God, am I blessed?

My bicycle commute is interesting because most days - I see no other bicycles and only a few people walking.  But, boy, do I see cars!  I bike on the sidewalk on some parts because they've commandeered the bike lane.  I'd have to estimate I see 500-1000 cars on my way to work.

This summer I learned that our church mission in Malawi serves a church body whose 26 pastors serve at 120+ congregations and most of those pastors don't have a car.  Mostly because Malawi doesn't have a lot of car-friendly roads.  A few have motorcycles.  Most have bicycles.  And these 26 pastors traverse a country that is a little larger than the state of Minnesota.

Oh, my God, am I blessed?

Oh, 
My God!
Am I BLESSED!
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?








No comments:

Post a Comment