Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Run into the light...

5:30 AM Pflugerville
I've been doing some early morning runs through my neighborhood.  

It's dark that early. 
So I notice (and run for) the lights.

The street lights create pools of light that I run into - and out of.

Makes me think of my life here on earth as a Christian. 

I spend my time running into - and out of - the light.  The light of love - my Savior - Jesus.

Where are you today?  
In the light?
In the dark?
Not sure?

Light helps us see.  
Ever woken up to see something in half light (and maybe been a little scared)?
Flip on the light switch and it turns out its just your robe hanging off a chair...

The more light - the better we can see what is truly there.
That applies to me as a Christian, too.
Jesus - my Light of my world (John 8:12) - helps me see what is truly there.

And when I have a clear picture of the love and forgiveness I get from my Savior...
I shine, too!
Matthew 5:14-16

Toby Mac echos this in a song that's quite an earworm...
Light Shine Bright

Light shine bright,
everywhere you go.
Music for the people.
Making music for the people.

Light shine bright,
everywhere you go.
Music for the people,
Jesus music for the people.

And while we're in "song mode" - pray with me using "Shine, Jesus, Shine"

Lord, 
The Light of Your Love is shining,
In the midst of the darkness shining,
Jesus, Light of the World, shine upon us,
Set us free by the truth You now bring us,
Shine on me. Shine on me.

Shine, Jesus shine,
Fill this land with the Father's glory.
Blaze, Spirit blaze,
Set our hearts on fire.
Flow, river flow,
Flood the nations with grace and mercy.
Send forth Your word,
Lord and let there be light.


Amen!

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway


What's the big deal about Jesus?



No comments:

Post a Comment