Friday, July 17, 2015

Time for an extreme makeover...inside...

(Wanted to share Pastor Patterson's daily prayer this morning...it sure speaks to me!
Pastor Don is one of our pastors at holyword.net)
Daily Prayer Friday July 17, 2015
From: Donald Patterson
Daily Prayer Friday July 17, 2015

6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.- Colossians 4:6

Dear Jesus, I know I am not alone in this, but I have noticed how easy it is for me to make sure that my words are laced with grace and peace outside of my home, but behind closed doors "Mr. Hyde" says freely what's on his mind unfiltered.  Not always, but too often to tolerate.  But, I want my words to be full of grace everywhere, even in my head where only you hear them.  So, I need an extreme makeover inside.  I need you to fill me with your incomprehensible love and peace so that it's there waiting to bubble out to my closest family and friends.  I want my words to be full of grace  even when they are unfiltered.  And when I blow it, give me the faith and courage to admit it to anyone and everyone who needs to hear me say "I was wrong."  Help all my family and friends to long for this same redemption and restoration too.  AMEN

Pastor Don Patterson

"Honesty and hope are the two wings that keep life above the ground."

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment