Tuesday, July 7, 2015

sick and tired ;-( OR healthy and happy ;-)

How are you feeling this week?  Today?  This hour?
Sick and tired?
Healthy and happy?
Both?   Neither?

The “highs” are great.  The “lows” aren’t.
That’s the blessing of our emotions – right?
Oh - I am soooo changeable.

Newsflash.
We all are – and always have been.
Since Adam and Eve committed that first sin and we all fell from perfection.

Listen to the guy I think of as “The most emotional person in the Bible”.
David describes some highs and lows in the Psalms.

Low – Psalm 31:9-12

Be kind to me, God
    I’m in deep, deep trouble again.
I’ve cried my eyes out;
    I feel hollow inside.
My life leaks away, groan by groan;
    my years fade out in sighs.
My troubles have worn me out,
    turned my bones to powder.
To my enemies I’m a monster;
    I’m ridiculed by the neighbors.
My friends are horrified;
    they cross the street to avoid me.

High – Psalm 34:1-8

bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise.
I live and breathe God; if things aren’t going well, hear this and be happy:
Join me in spreading the news; together let’s get the word out.
God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears.
Look at him; give him your warmest smile.
Never hide your feelings from him.
When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot.
God’s angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray.
Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.

Turn to any Psalm of David and his emotions will pretty much hit you full on.
And that comforts me – just seeing someone who feels like I do sometimes.
I am NOT ALONE.

I thank God that He is NOT changeable.
He never changes.
And he’s got news for me (and you).

“I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”

Lord,
Looking forward to that future - the eternal high of heaven.
Praying for our peace in this world below.
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment