Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Must be nice to be you...

“Hmmm…
Must be nice to be you…”

I’ve said that a few times.
Usually in a snarky attitude with a sarcastic tone in my voice.
(or under my breath)

Why?
Because someone (who shall remain nameless), in my opinion, needed to be brought down a few notches.
They had their theoretical “nose in the air”.
Or maybe I was just jealous.
Or stubborn.

And I was totally wrong.

The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God…

But actually, dear Christian brother and sister…
It must be nice to be you.

The you who knows you are a forgiven and saved child of God.
The you who doesn’t have to worry.
The you who is patient and kind and considerate.
And the you who is forgiven even when you are not those things...

God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it.

Dear God,
Remind me that it’s nice to be me.
You made me to be me.
Help me be the me you want me to be.
Doo bee doo bee doo.
Amen.

(I hope God appreciates my sense of humor…)

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment