Friday, August 12, 2016

The Color of Calm

What's the color of calm?

A scientist in the 1970's discovered and claims that a particular color has a calming affect - especially when someone is overly aggressive.

A naval holding cell was painted this bubble-gum shade of pink and found, indeed, that "even 15 minutes of exposure to the pink-walled room resulted in a noticable reduction in aggressive behavior".

God paints the color of calm all over his Word.
For you.

Matthew 6:31-34 "...Do not worry about tomorrow..."
Psalm 107:28-32 ""He quieted the wind down to a whisper, put a muzzle on all the big waves."
Luke 12:25 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Get your calm on.
Get into the Word.
Dive in.  Deep.
Fill up with the living Water.

=====================
Song - Calm My Storm (Tyler Price)

Lord,
Your eye is on the sparrow.
If you care that much for something I don't even pay attention to, 
let that remind me how much more your eye is on me.
Calming my storms.
Routing those hurricanes around me in ways I can't even imagine.
Quiet my pounding heart and sweating hands.
Grant a quiet spirit within me.
Amen.
=====================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment