Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Breathe Deep!

Breathe deep!

As a bicycle commuter I get to smell a lot more smells than most folks.

  • Smoke in the air
  • Dead animal on the road..that's been in my bike lane for a couple days in the 90 degree heat...
  • Restaurant in the afternoon (after opening)
  • Restaurant in the morning (before opening and the dumpsters are full)
  • Cedar trees cut down - wow - that one I smelled for a month after they did it.

When God breathes deep - what does he smell?

Is it "my prayers rising before you as incense, the lifting up of my hands (to God) like the evening sacrifice". (Psalm 141)

Or that "My wounds stink and fester because of my foolishness, I am utterly bowed down and prostrate; all the day I go about mourning." (Psalm 38)

Or neither?
"For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."
2 Corinthians 2:15-17

Sin stinks.  
Savor salvation.

Breathe deep in Jesus.


=========================
Lord,
Let me prayer rise before you as incense, 
the lifting up of my hands like the evening sacrifice.
Amen.
=========================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment