Thursday, March 10, 2016

Beating the storm...

Ah - nothing like beating the storm.
I went for a morning run in light warm rain and beat the storm by 10 minutes.
Thank God for today's weather detection technology (and my Accuweather app) which told me when it would arrive.

But sometimes you don't beat it.
You're in it.
And you are afraid.
Afraid that you won't make it through it.

Like the disciples in Mark 4:35-41.
Afraid and hanging on for dear life.

When the Savior of the world was right there in the boat with them.
Sleeping.
Not bothered.

When you're in the middle of your storm...
afraid and hanging on for dear life.
Remember - Jesus is right there with you.
Ready and waiting for you to turn around from your self-sufficient mind.
And fall into His arms.

=========================
Precious Lord, take my hand.
Lead me on, let me stand.
I'm tired, I'm weak, I'm alone.
Through the storm, through the night;
Lead me on to the light.

Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home.
=========================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment