Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Be still...(Error 402: "heart" URL redirect...)

(Sharing the daily prayer from my inbox this morning from one of my pastors.)
Daily Prayer Tuesday August 4, 2015
From: Donald Patterson
Group: Entire Congregation
Daily Prayer Tuesday August 4, 2015

Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes.  - Psalm 37:7

Dear Lord, the matters over which I have no control really bother me. When I hear in the news that a godless agenda is being shoved down our throats I get very anxious.  When at work I can tell that someone is selfishly scheming for their own advantage and not honestly trying to do good, my blood boils.  It makes me wonder where you are or if you are listening when you tolerate the schemes of sinners.  But this verse redirects my heart.  I can be still before you and wait for you to work out your good and righteous plan even through allowing the selfish schemes of others. I will calm down and wait because you tell me that you are in control even when I cannot see the immediate effects of it. I'm glad you are God and I'm not.  AMEN

Pastor Don Patterson

===========================================
Lord - redirect my heart!  Amen!  
===========================================
Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment