Friday, April 10, 2015

God bless [your country name here]

God certainly has blessed my country.
A couple of weeks ago we explored our nation's capitol (Washington, DC) and early settlements (Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown, Virginia).

In our explorations - we happened upon old things, new things and very interesting things.  It was amazing and a lot of fun.  Here are some pictures...

Yes - we saw that God has certainly blessed and guided my country.
The people involved might not have felt so at the time (not every battle was won, not every settlement was a success).

And as we experienced some of the re-enactments of historical events in Colonial Williamsburg we saw that revolution is a messy and confusing business.
But in hindsight - we see the hand of God leading us through history to where we are now.

We see that throughout the Bible.
God used leaders that believed in him and followed his orders (most of the time)
- Moses
- David
- Isaiah

God used people that ran away from him or didn't listen very well.
- Jonah
- Samson
- Saul

God used people who wanted nothing to do with Him.
- Pharaoh of Egypt - with Moses and Israelites in Exodus 7-14
- Xerxes - in the book of Esther
- Pontias Pilate - as he dealt with Jesus

Politicians have always been politicians.
Leaders always lead (but not always in the right direction).
But God is ALWAYS in charge.
And God ALWAYS keeps his promises.

God bless [your country name here].
He has.
And does.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous.  Don't be afraid.
The Lord goes with you.
He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Lord,
"Lead me, guide me along the way
For if you lead me I cannot stray
Or just open my eyes that I may see
Lead me oh Lord, won't you lead me"
Amen.
Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway


What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment