Friday, February 15, 2019

Like the wind, speak to the sails

Captain

"Through waters uncharted my soul will embark.
I'll follow your voice straight into the dark."

That's how Hillsong United begins their song entitled "Captain." It's one of my favorite songs and videos. Can you spend time with it today and this weekend? Find a quiet place. Watch it. Then see the "Further Meditation" section below and share with a friend.

The Scripture that comes to mind is from Psalm 25. Note the plea for God's guidance, but this is special guidance. "You are God my Savior." 

The captain of your soul is not just big, but he's small. Not just strong, but gentle. Not just thunder and earthquake but a hug, a tear of compassion. The God of wind and wave is your Savior who forgives you. 

He won't forsake you when guiding your way, even though you've wronged him. He won't lead you into trouble to punish you for our sins, because he's already punished your sins on the cross. 

It's like the pilot of a big airplane being your dad. He'll take care of you.

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. (Psalm 25:4,5)

https://youtu.be/6_oR5Twx-RU 

PRAYER: Dear God of all grace and guidance, lead my soul. Take me to places I wouldn't find on my own, so that I discover new things about you, experience new places of growth, and make it through overwhelming circumstances I can't understand. Thank you for showing me your salvation in Jesus Christ. Direct my faith to the cross, where all roads, possibilities and decisions find your answer of love. Amen.

FURTHER MEDITATION: Pay attention to the lyrics of "Captain." Reflect on these questions and their answers. Talk to a friend about them. 

How does God compare to the wind? How does his Word compare to the stars? How does his truth compare to a compass? What is the significance of the cruise ship in the video? Which is more of a challenge for your faith—"where I've been" or "where I am going?" Why? Where in Psalm 25:4,5 or the song do you find new hope?

Please update your contacts to my new email address: pastordaron@crosslifepf.org



Daron Lindemann

CrossLife Church
LOVING. LIFE-CHANGING. FAMILY.

+ + +

Pastor Daron
pastordaron@crosslifepf.org
512-808-6052

Copyright © 2019 CrossLife Church, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment