Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Come on home




True Food

The Bible personifies wisdom as a woman calling those who are foolish to come to her. Like a caring mother, she nurtures and nourishes, guides gently, lovingly corrects, and shows the way to Jesus. He is then given the title of the ultimate Wisdom of God. He is the way.
Enjoy this video today, a graphic animation of biblical themes including: sin and forgiveness, crucifixion and resurrection, the work of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, faith, Holy Communion, and the continuous striving of the Christian life that needs a loving Savior.
Be sure you're in a quiet place, where you can meditate deeply, and linger for a while, and perhaps watch it again. 
PRAYER: Dear Jesus, you promise that those who hunger for righteousness are filled. I'm starving to death. I've craved spiritual junk food. I'm poisoned and dying. I confess that my hunger remains, unfulfilled by what this world sees as significant. I turn to you, and trust in your sacrificial love. I need your constant mercy and forgiveness. I am hungry for you, and crave your true food. Give me a deeper appreciation for Holy Communion, a daily journey of crucifixion and resurrection in my soul united by Baptism to yours, and a walk of discipleship that is empowered by these images of divine truth. Amen.
FURTHER MEDITATION: What artistic themes of spiritual truths resonate with you as you reflect on the video? Close down all screens and notifications. Put away the video. And just sit and reflect on these. Pray about them. Tell God what you're thinking, how you're feeling, and how much you appreciate them. Ask for deeper meaning, more committed discipleship, and closer intimacy with Jesus.


Daron Lindemann
CrossLife Church
LOVING. LIFE-CHANGING. FAMILY.

+ + +
Pastor Daron
daron@holyword.net
512-808-6052

Copyright © 2019 CrossLife Church, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment