Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ap-parent-ly

As a parent - there is no better feeling than hearing that your child has done well.
Sitting in the audience and witnessing them winning an award for faithful service that you had no idea about.
Hearing "I just want to tell you what a blessing your son/daughter is to me..."

We hear that from John as he writes in 3 John 1:3-4.
"Nothing could make me happier..."

Thanks - Lord - FOR GIVING me this opportunity to bring this child into the world.

As a parent - there is no worse feeling than hearing your child hasn't done well.
Sitting on the sidelines of their life watching unhappy events unfold.
Hearing "We'd like you to come in so that we can talk about your son/daughter's performance/attitude/behavior/etc."

"Nothing could make me sadder..."
But just as parenting continues until your last breath - so also does God's gracious love.

Psalm 13
How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?

...
But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me.


Additional Help: 9 ways to encourage the parents of prodigals

Thanks - Lord - for FORGIVING me my failure (or my child's failure) to walk in Your truth.

=====================
Lord, 
Thanks 
- FOR GIVING me this opportunity to bring this child into the world.
- for FORGIVING me my failure (or my child's failure) to walk in Your truth.
Bring me and them back to You - always.  And forever.
Amen.
=====================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment