Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My prickly valentine...

Valentine's day is the number 2 greeting card holiday with over 1 billion cards bought and given.  (Number 1 is Christmas)

I'm all about sharing and giving love on Valentine's day - right?
And every day - right?

No.

No matter how hard I try to love unconditionally and without any thought of getting something back - I fail. 

The love I give always has prickly bits included (not always easily visible).
Bits of "me first", "what's in it for me", "I hope you appreciate this".

The only way to remove the prickly bits is to go to God.

What does God have to say about love?
91 Bible Verses about Unconditional Love
(or for the condensed version - read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

=========================
Lord,
Remind me that true love...
...bears all things,
...believes all things,
...hopes all things,
...endures all things. 
Remove the prickly bits and help me to love right.
Amen.
=========================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment