Thursday, February 18, 2016

Boring, boring, boring

Boring!

I heard that word from my dentist this morning.
This as he's finishing up my dental exam.
That's a GREAT word to hear from your dentist.

And a GREAT word to hear from your doctor.
And a GREAT word to hear from your plumber/electrician/repairman. 

Boring is NOT a great word to hear from your teacher after reading your term paper or hearing your speech.
And NOT a great word to hear from your boss at your performance review.
And NOT a great word to hear from your Lord...

Matthew 25:14-30 tells us the parable about investment.
One meaning (of many layers in this earthly story with a heavenly meaning) is to understand that the "treasure" talked about (the gold/the dollars) is the salvation and grace given to us by God through Jesus.

Are we hoarding it?
Are we hiding it under the mattress until Jesus comes again?
Are we being boring about it?

This parable makes it clear (see verse 28-30) that boring is NOT the desired result.

=========================
Lord,
Thanks for salvation in Jesus.
I love it.  It's just my size.
But I want to play it safe.
Keep it close to the vest.
Help me (and Lord knows I need help) to share it with reckless abandon.
To play fast and loose with your love.
Amen.
=========================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment