Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hold On Tight...or...Let It Go?

rebeccacooper.com
I like to hold on tight to a lot of things.

Sometimes it’s a good thing.  Like to my faith in Jesus Christ.  And to my family.  And to my job.

But that “hold on tight” mentality extends to many other things, too.  Like my electronic gadgets, and my time (it’s for me to spend like I want, right) and my money (it’s for me to spend like I want, right).  After – don’t I deserve it?

So - a pretty good guy (at least in his own mind – hmmm, sound like anyone I know?) came to Jesus and asked a loaded question.
“Good teacher – what must I do to deserve eternal life?”

Check it out in Luke 18:18-27.

The answer he got surprised him and spun him around.
He walked away disappointed and sad.

Why? Verse 23 tells us “he was holding on tight to a lot of things and not about to let them go.”.


Hmmmm – sounds familiar to me…

=========================
Lord,
Only you give me a clear picture of what to hang onto and what to let go.
But I like to fill my picture with more stuff every day.
Re-paint over the sloppy job I’m doing.
Re-color it with your grace.
Every morning with colors new…

Amen.
=========================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment