Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Day 14: (Do the Write thing) Self-service?

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 14

Self-service.
Service dog.  
Worship service.
Service your car at regular intervals.

So many kinds of service.
When this passage asks God to make me a servant - what service is it talking about?

Actually - when you write out the whole passage (and read the rest of the Psalm) it is self-explanatory.

Song - Make Me A Servant (Maranatha Singers)

Oh, Lord,
I am such a contradiction.
I "want" to serve you.
But I "really want" to serve myself first.
Help me get my priorities straight!
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment