Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 18: (Do the Write Thing) Thanks-living?

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 18

This passage reminds me of a phrase I heard a few years back.
"Thanks-living".  

Not the one-time or when-I-happen-to-think-of-it "thanksgiving".
But "thanks-living".  An ongoing process of living in the thankful reality of the gift of God's grace.  Priceless, un-buyable, gifted grace in Jesus Christ.

Such a huge precious gift that I can't help but share it.
Let it spill out all over my life.

Video - Thanks-living (Eric Samuel Timm)

Thank you Lord.
That really doesn't cut it, does it.
At least I have trouble getting to the thanks-living from just thanks-giving.
Words. Actions. Re-actions.
That's what you're looking for.
Help me get there through the people I live with and love on today!
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment