Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 21: (Do the Write Thing) Calm my storm!

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 21

Wild storms.  There's nothing else like them.
Thunder crashing so loud it shakes the house and rattles your nerves.
Lightning so close your hair stands on end.
Wind whipping the rain and tipping the trees sideways.

Sometimes feels like your life is like that, eh?
And then...

"He quieted the wind down to a whisper,
  put a muzzle on all the big waves.
And you were so glad when the storm died down,
  and he led you safely back to the harbor."

Song - Calm My Storm (Tyler Price)

Lord,
Your eye is on the sparrow.
If you care that much for something I don't even pay attention to, 
let that remind me how much more your eye is on me.
Calming my storms.
Routing those hurricanes around me in ways I can't even imagine.
Quiet my pounding heart and sweating hands.
Grant a quiet spirit within me.
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment