Monday, December 7, 2015

Day 19: (Do the Write Thing) Lost and found

Do the Write thing 30-day series.  (write out this bible passage today - by hand! - in your favorite translation - or at least click the link and read through it...)

Day 19

Our worship today focused on the time in Jesus life when he went to his first Passover festival with his parents (at age 12) - and hung around afterwards talking with the top spiritual leaders.  This was while mom and dad (Mary and Joseph) headed up the road on the 75 mile journey back to Bethlehem.

One day mom and dad realize Jesus isn't with them.  Three days (THREE DAYS) later they find him in the temple in Jerusalem.  Mom (Mary) says - "Son, why have you treated us like this?  Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.".

Jesus replied by asking "Why were you searching for me?  Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"  

In other words - Jesus wasn't lost.  His true Father (in heaven) knew exactly where he was and what he was doing.  

How often am I Mary - asking Jesus why he has treated me this way.

Jesus really poses the same question back to me.  
"Why are you searching for me?  I'm right HERE (pointing at your heart of faith)!"

I thought today's Psalm echoes the same thought.
The psalmist is talking about the end of their search for God.
"He's proved he's on my side, I've thrown my lot in with him; now I'm jumping for joy, and shouting and singing my thanks to him."

Song - And Now My Lifesong Sings (Casting Crowns)

Lord, 
I once was lost but now I'm found,
I once was blind but now I see,
I once was dead but now I live,
And so my lifesong sings.
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment