Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Go!


Does this picture look wrong to you?
It pulls you in by looking kind of familiar.
And then says "Go!?!"
This seems confusing.

This past Sunday Pastor explored how our God pulls us in close, builds us up and then says "Go!"
This can seem confusing to us, too.

But over and over we see this pattern in the Bible.
- Moses - Go and lead the captives out of Egypt
- Noah - Go and build an ark to save God's people.
- Abram - Go from your country (your land, your successful farm, your family) to the land I will show you.
- Peter and the disciples - Go and be fishers of men
- Jesus - Go away from being God for a little while, become human (starting as a little bitty baby) so that everyone on earth can be saved.

Our God pull us in close, builds us up and tells us to "Go!".
It's not just those "big names" from the Bible - its you and me, too.
He has given us his Word to grow in, build us up in and stay close in to Him.
He give us the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion to taste and see.
And then tells us to "Go!"

Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Now that I think about it - God created families so that we could raise our children to "Go!"
Our children start out as helpless and grow and build out of it.
We teach them to be independent and strong.
We hold them close, build them up and then encourage them to "Go!"

In the animal kingdom we see God's creation plan following the same "Go!" principle.  
When the little birdies are ready to fly - mom and dad encourage them (strongly) to leave the nest.  Go!

Come in close, get built up and Go!

Children, Go Where I Send Thee (Kenny Rogers with Home Free)

=====================
God,
I like to stay, not Go!
Or if I must go - I like to "go my own way".
You make it clear that is not the right way to go.
Help me to come in close, be built up and then "Go where you send me".
Amen.
=====================

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment