Monday, May 9, 2016

I can't see clearly now...

I get frustrated when I can't figure things out.  
When I can't see clearly and make out what's really there, what's really going on, and what to do about it.

It affects all areas of life - my work, my family, even my leisure!

That's when it's important to remember that I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO be able to figure things out.  

This is a sinful, messed-up world and it is a constant conundrum.

Paul reminds us of this in...

1 Corinthians 13:12-13
12 We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
13 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.
The fog will clear and true 20/20 vision will be mine in heaven.  Not sooner.
In the meantime - trust, hope and love is more than enough to get me through!
=============================
Thank you God for giving me the prescription glasses of your Word.
Remind me where I "left my glasses" when I forget - and to put them on!
Only then do I see the clarity that is to come.
Amen.
=============================
Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway


What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment