Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Getting Emotional: Guilt ;-(

(Getting Emotional series: Guilt)
(image from lifehack.org)

Guilt ;-(

Was it something I said?
Was it something I did?
Was it something I didn't do?

I think guilt is the sneakiest emotion in the universe.  I don't have to look hard to find it (see questions above).  You don't have to look at all to see it.

I'm either having it, getting it or giving it - it seems.

It's my fault,  it's all my problem, i'm responsible.  So comes the getting of guilt.
Not my fault, not my problem, they started it.  So goes the giving of guilt.
And I, of course, feel guilty for having given it (later).

And then there's the guilt that just hangs around. Always there - sometimes in front and sometimes way at the back.  Just waiting for that joyful happy time and jumping out and saying - "Do you really deserve to be THIS happy?".

Well - my friend - I've got good news.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Knocking at your heart's door right now is Jesus.
Oh, hi, Jesus.
Come on in.

What - you know I'm feeling guilty?
Yeah, I suppose.
I am really sorry for this thing I did/thought/said/didn't do.
And I suppose you came to wish me well and say "it will be all better".

NO?
You are telling me it IS all better!
Your Father (God) loves me so much He sent You (Jesus) make it ALL better.
100% all better.
For all time.
For ME?

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:28-29)

Guilt still swirling about me?
You, Jesus, and your grace and forgiveness - that's my center.

Oh God,
You took care of my sin and guilt through Jesus.  
ALL of it.
Remind me that shame and guilt and regret are just sneaky emotions that chip away at your love and grace - distracting me from reality with You.
Living a live with You.
And in You.
In Your name.
Thank you.
Amen.

Link to daily bible reading calendar (chronological - one chapter per day)
TIP: click the Bible Reference and then "more details" to get hyperlinks that open Bible Gateway

What's the big deal about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment