Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Use that lint roller




Search Me

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23,24).
Use that lint roller to find and remove debris that you can't see but others can. The dog hair. Your own hair. Fuzz from your sweater. 
The sticky adhesive on the lint roller picks it all up, collects it, and then you rip off that outer sticky piece and throw it away. You're all clean!
David wrote Psalm 139 as a man who trusted in God's promise of forgiveness and grace. So much, that David invited God, "Search me. Know my heart. Test me. Know my thoughts that are too anxious and my behavior that hurts people."
How could David be so confident? Is this arrogance? Does he think that much of himself? No. He thinks that much of God. He's not afraid to be real and transparent with God. He's not afraid to admit he's a sinner. He's not afraid. He's not arrogant, either. 
He knows God, so deeply, so personally, that he trusts God to find and remove his dirt and debris. Because God can see dirt and debris that we can't see, but others can. 
God's mercy picks it all up, collects it, and then rips it off and throws it away. You're all clean!
Stop trying to lead yourself, and let God lead you. He can handle your dirt and debris better than you can.
PRAYER: God you know everything about me, and still you love me. I want to trust you with everything I know about me. Search me. Lead me. Love me. Amen.
FURTHER MEDITATION: Read Psalm 139. 
  1. Verses 1-6 praise God for knowing you so intimately. How does this truth comfort you? Challenge you?
  2. Verses 7-12 praise God for going with you everywhere. Where is a place you go where, lately, you haven't noticed that God is there. How does that make a difference?
  3. Verses 13-18 give us biblical reasons to value human life from conception. All human life, even if the quality of life is underdeveloped. Say a prayer for the safety and protection of all unborn children, especially those threatened by abortion.


Daron Lindemann
CrossLife Church
LOVING. LIFE-CHANGING. FAMILY.

+ + +
Pastor Daron
pastordaron@crosslifepf.org
512-808-6052

Copyright © 2019 CrossLife Church, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment